Terms & Conditions
It is important that you read and understand these terms and conditions as they contain valuable information and legal facts which will govern our relationship with you. If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions please go to our Contact Us
page for more information.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice by amending this page. The amended Terms and Conditions will be effective from the time they are posted to this website. You should check the Terms and Conditions whenever you visit this website and your continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
Who are we?
In these Terms and Conditions, "we", "us" or "our" refers to ProtectYourBricks.com, a trading name of Comparison Creator Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Registration Number 07336373) at Springboard Business Innovation Centre, Llantarnam Park, Cwmbran, Torfaen, NP44 3AW. Comparison Creator Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Authorised Representative of Moneyshake.com Limited and our Firms Reference Number is 522581. This can be confirmed at https://fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
This website and comparison technology has been designed for private individuals or businesses to source products on their own behalf. Therefore, if you are:
- A private individual wanting to use our website and comparison technology to find competitive prices for the products and services offered within the site on your own behalf and/or on behalf of a close family member; or
- Acting on behalf of a company wanting to use our website and comparison technology to find competitive prices for insurance on behalf of the company and;
- Not involved in any way in searching for insurance products as a business on behalf of a third party and;
- You are permitted to use our website and comparison technology and;
- This website is for the use of UK residents only and nothing within these Terms and Conditions constitutes an offer of products to persons outside of the United Kingdom. If you are outside of the UK and purchase a product, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all applicable legal and / or regulatory bodies.
ProtectYourBricks.com is not a broker - we are a price comparison service that can be used to find out whether you can save money on gadget insurance products. We only compare prices for gadget insurance. The products we offer are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, where they are not regulated products (for example; not insurance policies) we will make this clear in the information displayed to you prior to purchase.
The results of any comparison search are not based on any personal recommendation as to the suitability of the policy for your individual circumstances. It is important that you read the terms and conditions of the policy to make sure that the product meets your specific needs. You will find these terms and conditions in the more information page connected to the product you have chosen.
If you identify a product which you would like to purchase, we will link you to the website of the product provider you choose to complete the purchase of that product and for them to collect your payment and issue cover and documentation.
By using this website you agree that;
- In order to get a quote through our comparison service, you will need to answer a number of questions which are required by the underlying product providers to enable them to provide a quote. The answers you give will determine the cover you can be offered and the amount you will need to pay for the level of cover you receive. You must get permission from any other people whose details you propose to use in requesting a quote, before you provide us with any of their information. This applies to all information that you provide, but especially sensitive data like health information or criminal proceedings or convictions. In submitting any other person's details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so, and that they understand how their information will be used.
- All information you provide is true, accurate and complete and that you disclose all relevant and material facts. Failure to do so could lead to a product being unsuitable, claim being declined or product being terminated by the provider. We cannot be held responsible if as a result of your error in providing correct information, or from a failure to disclose all material facts to us or your selected provider that the product is unsuitable, a claim is declined or the product is terminated.
- It is important that you read all of the information that is provided to you, including for insurance products the policy summary and policy terms and conditions, and that you agree with them before you proceed to purchase a product. This information will vary by product provider so please ensure that you read the specific terms for the provider from whom you wish to purchase a product.
- Once you have purchased a product, it is important that you read all documents issued to you by your selected provider and ensure that you are aware of any levels of cover, financial limits and any other terms that apply. If any information is not correct, it is your responsibility to identify the mistake and correct this with the provider directly.
Companies change their prices and amend their rates on a regular basis. When you receive your quotes, it will tell you for how long each provider guarantees their price. The price quoted to you will be accurate at the time of issue, and may change if your quote is resubmitted. ProtectYourBricks.com is unable to offer advice on particular insurance providers or the services that they offer.
Our liability to you
Please read the following information carefully as we include some limits and exclusions of our liability to you;
- These terms do not exclude our liability to you in any way for: personal injury or death caused by our negligence; fraud or fraudulent statements made by one of our employees or agents, or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
- In addition, we are only liable for losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking this contract. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your information is entered onto our website.
- We will not be held responsible for any indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage which you suffer and which are not foreseeable by you and us at the time we enter into this contract, including, but not limited to: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of data; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings or waste of management or office time however arising, provided that this provision will not prevent you from bringing claims against us for loss of or damage to your physical property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. In no circumstance will we be responsible for any losses which arise in connection with an event or series of events which is/are outside of our reasonable control.
We aim at all times to provide a first class standard of service. However, there may be occasions when you feel we may have not achieved this. If we fall short of our own high standards then we want you to tell us! At ProtectYourBricks.com we take all complaints seriously and are committed to answering complaints from customers in an FCA compliant manner.
If you do have reason to complain we will aim to resolve your complaint within 24 hours. If we are not able to do so, we will advise you of the situation. Further to investigating your concerns, we will issue you with a final response within 8 weeks. Depending on the nature of your complaint and if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may have the right to refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR; telephone: 0800 023 4567 0300 123 9123or by email: email@example.com and their website is http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If your complaint is regarding a provider that you have purchased a product through and with whom we put you in touch, then you should address your complaint direct to that company. ProtectYourBricks.com cannot accept liability for errors made by the selected provider or answer complaints on their behalf. In such an event, we recommend you follow the guidelines provided in their Complaints Procedure.
Third party links
You can link to other websites by means of hyperlinks published on this website or emailed to you as part of our service. These websites are owned and operated by third parties. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or may be accessible through third party website.
Amendments to our terms
We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions at any time. The amended terms will be effective from the date they are posted on our website.
We have taken every reasonable step to make sure the information contained in this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, we can accept no liability for any errors or omissions. We reserve the right to add, amend or delete information from this site at any time.
Whilst we take every reasonable step to counteract viruses and other things with contaminating or destructive properties, we can give no warranty that this site and its content are free from viruses or anything else that has such contaminating or destructive properties.
If at any time you would like to contact us, the details are available on our Contact Us
The material contained in this website is subject to copyright. Any private individual may print off a copy of any part of this material for their own personal use, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be used for any commercial purposes;
- The copy must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The technology or processes utilised by or described in this website may be subject to other intellectual property rights (please see the section headed "Intellectual Property Rights" below);
- Images on this website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of the copyright owner;
- No logos, trademarks or service marks appearing on the site may be printed off or copied, except as part of the text of which they form part.
Intellectual property rights
Any logos, trademarks, service marks and domain names and all related intellectual property rights, of the companies whose sites we search in providing the service, belong to those companies, and you may not reproduce them without their prior written consent. With the exception of these intellectual property rights, all other intellectual property rights including, without limitation, all logos, trademarks, service marks, domain names, database rights, rights in design, rights in know-how, patents and rights in inventions (in all cases whether registered or unregistered and including all rights to apply for registration) and all other intellectual or industrial property rights in any jurisdiction in any information, content, materials, data or processes contained in or underlying this website and/or the service we provide are hereby reserved.
This website is not for commercial use, meaning it is only for personal use or for use by a business to seek a product directly for that business only. Unauthorised commercial or bulk use may slow down the speed of the service we can provide for our customers. We will monitor the use of our services. If we detect commercial or bulk usage before we have sent the results of our search, we may abort the search. In any event, we reserve the right to take action against those using our service in an unauthorised way, to prevent disruption of our service to genuine customers, and to recover any losses we suffer.